Getting on the Wheel of Fortune
Everybody loves Wheel of Fortune! From spinning the big wheel to just spending time with hosts Pat Sajak and Vanna White, it’s not surprising that it’s America’s longest-running syndicated television game show.
If you would like a shot at the show’s fabulous prizes, you’ll need to know how to get on Wheel of Fortune. It’s actually fairly simple to qualify, but you will have to compete against plenty of other prospective contestants. Last year, for example, less than 600 people appeared on Wheel of Fortune out of over one-million applicants.
Due to the high number of applications they receive, the producers of Wheel of Fortune will not be able to audition everyone. And even if you are auditioned, it is not a guarantee that you’ll appear on the show.
Keep this in mind when applying for an audition. You should also know that there’s no limit to the number of times you can apply. If you don’t make the show the first time, you can keep trying until you’re finally accepted.
If you would like to get on Wheel of Fortune, you can log on to their official website and fill out an application. The site is located at wheeloffortune.com.
The online application will ask you a number of questions. Some of these are designed to learn more about you, while others may be used to determine if you’re suited for a particular theme show.
For example, the application asks you to list your favorite NFL team and player. Each season, Wheel of Fortune features a whole week of NFL players teaming up with their fans to play the game. If the player you listed as your favorite is going to appear on the show, you just might have a shot at teaming up with them.
Wheel Of Fortune Qualifications and Restrictions
The following qualifications and restrictions are in effect when applying for Wheel of Fortune:
- You must be at least 18 years old. If you’re applying for the special Teen Week, you must be between the ages of 13 and 18.
- You cannot have previously appeared on Wheel of Fortune.
- If you have appeared on a game show/dating show/reality show in the last year, you are not eligible. You are also disqualified if you’ve appeared on three dating shows/relationship shows/reality shows within the last 10 years.
- The applicant is responsible for all expenses which might arise while auditioning for the show (airfare, etc.)
- Applicants will be selected at the discretion of the producer.
- You are prohibited from appearing on Wheel of Fortune if you work for, or are related to, anyone who works for Sony Pictures Television International, Sony Pictures Television, Quadra Productions, Sony Pictures Entertainment, CBS Television Distribution Group, suppliers of game show prizes, or any television network which broadcasts Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy!.
Besides traveling to Los Angeles to audition, you may also be able to take advantage of the roving Wheelmobile. This 32-foot-long Winnebago travels to select cities and serves as a preliminary screening process for Wheel of Fortune. Potential contestants can fill out an application and then get up on stage to play a brief version of the show.
Applicants who stand out will then be invited to the final audition process. These occur in the Wheelmobile host cities, so you don’t have to trek all the way to California to have a shot at being a contestant.
You can fill out an online form in order to be contacted when the Wheelmobile will be in your area. In addition, local television stations which broadcast Wheel of Fortune will also run promotions to inform potential applicants.